Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Family

Is it some sort of rule?/ Some unwritten precedent?/ That teenagers must loathe/ the people who live with them?/ We all have our own problems/ the yelling, the fights/ That we wish would go away/ when we turn out the lights./ Maybe it's hormones/ they make us overreact/ But to us our family's the worst/ That's more than a fact./ If we take a step back/ and view from the border/ We'll see why it's like this/ and restore some order./ We all almost brag/ about how bad we have it/ It's almost competition/ I want no more part of it./ While my family continues/ to scream and to shout/ I won't tell a soul/ it doesn't need to get out./ Complaining won't do a thing/ all they'll ever say/ is wow you're lucky/ I don't want to go home today./ A battle never won/ Who's life is the worst?/And I'm so sick of arguing/ I'm full up to burst./ Opinions don't matter/ I stand alone/ I hear it at school/ I get it at home./ So the next time someone says/ I hate my life/ Chalk it up to hormones/ And move on with your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home