Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Just One More Touch

This poem sucks... but I like the last four lines so I'm posting it.

This smiling mask, a curse in so many words
I could be in movies
for my performance
I've convinced you, my audience
that I don't love you anymore
I lied, and you believed me
Oh, how you believed me
And now this hunger,
an insatiable appetite
I indulge in the sweetest of sins
with whoever gives in
but it all leaves me emptier, hungry for more
never enough lovers
never enough passion
to fill this gaping hole you've left in my life
I hate myself for loving you
I want to claw out my heart,
the source of my anguish
and hand it to you with tears in my eyes
pleading you
fix it
please
hold me one more time
I just want to see
they all say I shouldn't
but I want to so much
I'm begging you, please,
Just one more touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home