Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Joe Shmoe

Cheeks stay dry when the world's upside down
I'm wearing my hands on my face,
letting the flood slip between shaking fingertips
Funny how, when things go wrong
I end up on my back
The floor will do just fine when weak knees
give way.
Fighting back with fire in the bottom of my belly
Everyone's a poet when their chest
is cleaving in two
Overreactions into metaphors
Insecurities rhyme.
Pour your pain into a stanza.
If you really mean it... no one will point out
how shitty
the inside
of your heart
looks on paper.
I'm trying so hard to grow wings for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yours Truly said...

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!! www.notsomuchhidden.blogspot.com
more writings, and the best of these are there. I deleted my email that this account was based on, and can no longer log in to post. So, check out the new one!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home