Thursday, December 01, 2005

Facade

*Note- It's funny the things you find when you clean out your binder... this one's kind of lame.*

I believe delusional is the word I'm seeking.
You lied to my face and I believed you.
That's how delusional I was
that up until now, I believed maybe you truly did
love me.
But no.
I'm just delusional.
And now I stand here
watching the water run down the mirror,
distorting my features into oblivian,
so that I'm not seeing me in the mirror.
I see someone else.
I don't recognize her, the way she smirks and smiles
She's delusional.
She shows no compassion to this ugly person,
watching her in the mirror.
She just giggles and winks, putting on a show.
She doesn't want to be lonely
but it's my only escape
the shell that I wear to guard against mistakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home